HugSmart Products Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested.
Type of information we collected
The personal information we collect is in most cases supplied by you when you place an order, register on our website to receive direct marketing materials, open an account with us or to provide feedback to us. Personal information may include:
- name and contact details (eg. delivery address, phone number, email address);
- date of birth;
- other information you may supply us;
- transaction information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Use of Personal Information
- provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- facilitate the running of, and your participation in, loyalty programs;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way HugSmart and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- better understand your requirements and preferences and improve our service to you;
- consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities;
- assess your suitability for a position with us, if you are a candidate for employment;
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
If you request a catalogue be mailed to your address, you will be placed on our catalogue mailing list. You will receive seasonal catalogues from us, unless otherwise directed. E-mails from applications, forms, or correspondences are stored in our database. These e-mails will only be used for the purpose of confirming an order or to respond to an inquiry or request. E-mail newsletters are periodically sent to our customers. These newsletters include important information in regards to drop-shipping, wholesale, inventory, and promotions. We respect your privacy, therefore, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time:
Protection of Personal Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information supplied is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s database, which can only be accessed by authorized persons with special access rights to such systems and required to keep the information confidential.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.